Junior 2D Background Game Artist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
Our 2D artists play a critical role in building a vibrant universe, where characters and environments are well blended in a unique artistic design. You will learn and work with different team members to dive deep into the various worlds of our games and products. As a Junior 2D Background Game Artist, your day-to-day will be:
- Assist in the process of storyboarding by creating sketches for assigned shots, then create ideas for concept briefings based on those.
- Conduct research to generate ideas for period setting and environment art based on concept briefing.
- Determine artistic interpretation of the scenes to create the look and feel of the storyboard frames by studying the script or screenplay.
- Develop a better understanding of depicting mood and emotion by utilizing visual styles and exploring lighting, shading, and coloring themes.
- Identify ideas or concepts from existing libraries and make necessary changes to align with current concepts.
- Refine art environment and background concepts based on feedback.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a background artist with a tough portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability; a degree in graphic design or fine art will be preferable.
- Be responsible for creating art to enable the visualization of characters, environments and backgrounds from different angles and from concept to production.
- Possess creative storytelling abilities to make storyboards and should able to plan well, work independently to meet deadlines and to support the creative flow of the team.
- Be involved in creating art assets for characters, backgrounds and environments for games and animated films, or visual effects for live-action films.
- Proficient in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, and Blender and willing to learn new software programs and tools.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, interpret and work as part of a team.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Something looks off?