Senior 2D UI Game Artist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
As a Senior UI Artist on our team, your player-focused mindset allows you to conceptualize intuitive menus whose look and feel encompass our game's overall creative vision. Working as both, a hands-on designer and a direction-providing mentor for less experienced colleagues, you ensure that the game experience remains intuitive, immersive and provides our players with the right information at the right time. At times you might also engage in the design of icons and support us with interface related graphic design. As a Senior 2D UI Game Artist, your day-to-day will be:
- Work closely with Art lead/Art Director and Game Designers to conceptualize and design menus and HUD elements
- Adapt and develop graphic design and motion graphic solutions fitting to Axie's visual style
- Clearly communicate ideas in a visual manner, either as wireframes, or mock-ups
- Work closely with the UX and Game Design teams to know what type of player experience is intended
- Work closely with the programming team to implement menus into the game and verify the quality of said menus once implemented
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a UI game artist in creating interfaces for video games for both PC and console; a degree in graphic design or fine art will be preferable.
- Experience in working on game interfaces on two or more published titles
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software (Figma, Sketch,...) and willing to learn new software programs and tools.
- Creativity and have sense of initiative (proactivity, originality and resourcefulness when searching for solutions)
- Show ownership and responsibility by pro-actively and independently driving tasks
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, interpret and work as part of a team.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Something looks off?