Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
🚀 About Us
We’re building the world’s workforce migration platform to eliminate friction to economic mobility.
Borderless is breaking down borders. In many countries, there are huge workforce shortages in important sectors like healthcare, construction and education. At the same time, there are talented people all over the world looking to migrate for greater economic opportunity. Unfortunately, borders and bureaucracy get in the way.
We’re starting in the UK care sector where the problem is particularly acute. Care providers regularly turn away large numbers of families who need care, because they simply don’t have the staff. We also hear distressing accounts of care workers being charged £20,000+ by unethical third parties to secure a job in the UK. We believe something must change.
Borderless is a technology platform that streamlines hiring and sponsorship for both employers and candidates, enabling employers to fill their staffing shortages and workers to migrate for new opportunities. Using our software, employers can ethically source, hire and relocate staff without needing to become an expert in UK immigration law; while candidates are fully supported throughout the process.
⚡️About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced front end / full-stack engineer to work with our engineers and the founders to design & rebuild the platform to help more people effortlessly migrate around the world. This is a unique opportunity in which you will experience rapid personal growth alongside a close-knit and highly collaborative team.
🔥 What you'll do:
- You’ll be instrumental in helping us rebuild the platform - due to incredible early traction, we are now rebuilding our platform to scale beyond our initial customer base.
- You’ll collaborate within a cross-functional team, including back-end developers, designers, and product managers, to design elegant and user-friendly solutions.
- You’ll design & build a new UI scalably, to be reused throughout the platform.
- You’ll build high-value customer facing features that will allow employers to hire internationally easily & help people migrate to the UK seamlessly
- Implementing responsive design principles and ensuring platform compatibility.
- Innovate and bring tech and product ideas to the table, optimising for impact and velocity
- You’ll work across our code & no-code stack, using the right tool that get’s the job done.
- You’ll work to integrate our product with different API’s & third party tools.
- You'll contribute to the architecture design and implementation of backend and frontend systems
👩💻 What you'll need:
- Past experience as a full-stack/ front-end engineer (4/5+ years) building UI from scratch in a greenfield environment.
Experience developing and deploying production-level software.
- Have built 3rd-party integrations and internal/external APIs in the past
- Keen to take ownership of features, find ways to “get things done” and assess their impact
- Ability to work in a rapid iteration product environment, making smart trade-offs where necessary
👩💻 Nice to have:
- Experience with no-code tools such as Glide & Make
- Communication Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work in a small team.
- Energy Incredible energy, passion and enthusiasm for growing a business which can have global impact.
- Adaptable Can operate at multiple levels: not afraid to roll up sleeves and able to think creatively & strategically about our approach
- Bias for action Fast learner, pick things up quickly, you want to hustle and do things now rather than later.
- Autonomous Able to flourish in an unstructured and uncertain environment, with less formal guidance. You’re self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Drive to improve You’re constantly seeking improvements to our system & process.
💯What you'll get:
- 💫 Salary £65-90K, plus shared ownership. Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Borderless
- ✈️ 25 days holiday each year + plus bank holidays
- 💻 Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- 📚 £500 Annual Learning & Development budget
- 🚲 Cycle To Work scheme
- 🍍 Every fourth Friday: company lunch + half day
👥 Our Team and Way We Work
Prefer in-person work: our whole team generally operates in-person for 4 days and 1 day remote (We’re based at the Hoxton WeWork).
We’re a small but diverse team, with 10 different nationalities represented! Check us out here.
We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.