Customer Support Specialist / Hybrid - 4 days in office
🚀 About Us
We’re building the world’s workforce migration platform to eliminate friction to economic mobility.
Borderless is breaking down borders. In many countries, there are huge workforce shortages in important sectors like healthcare, construction and education. At the same time, there are talented people all over the world looking to migrate for greater economic opportunity. Unfortunately, borders and bureaucracy get in the way.
We’re starting in the UK care sector where the problem is particularly acute. Care providers regularly turn away large numbers of families who need care, because they simply don’t have the staff. We also hear distressing accounts of care workers being charged £20,000+ by unethical third parties to secure a job in the UK. We believe something must change.
Borderless is a technology platform that streamlines hiring and sponsorship for both employers and candidates, enabling employers to fill their staffing shortages and workers to migrate for new opportunities. Using our software, employers can ethically source, hire and relocate staff without needing to become an expert in UK immigration law; while candidates are fully supported throughout the process.
We’ve just closed our seed round, are backed by some of the UK’s leading investors (Entrepreneur First and Backed.VC) and growing quickly. Looking to learn more about what we do at Borderless, visit our website today or check out our most recent project, sponsorlicence.org!
⚡️About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist who will act as the main point of contact for any customer escalations to drive resolution in a timely, proactive manner.
This is a unique opportunity in which you will experience rapid personal growth alongside a close-knit and highly collaborative team.
🔥 What you'll do:
- You’ll be the main point of contact for our customers and candidates/ end users, responding to customer support queries via chat, e-mail, or phone.
- You will initiate and manage support tickets to track and resolve customer requests efficiently.
- You will constantly improve the customer journey to boost satisfaction and meet customer needs.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction in every interaction to ensure long-term retention.
- Take ownership of the inquiries and constantly look for to improve operational efficiencies, reduce churn and improve customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot product-related incidents, aiming for full resolution or appropriate escalation when necessary.
- Maintain and manage an individual incident queue, ensuring timely updates and clear communication with both customers and internal teams.
- Help to educate our customers to best use Borderless products and services.
👩💻 What you'll need:
- 1 - 2 years of customer support experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent people skills - communication, customer service and empathy.
- Proactive to find solutions and a great problem solver, we expect everyone to take full ownership of their own projects and tasks.
- Be highly detail-oriented, ensuring that all customer issues are thoroughly investigated and resolved.
- You appreciate the nuances between different customers, and are able to navigate challenging and complex customer situations and turn them into efficient solutions.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple customer inquiries and other tasks at the same time.
- Possess an energetic, enthusiastic, and "can do" attitude with the ability to stay calm under challenging situations.
- Have a genuine passion for helping customers and a commitment to ensuring their success
👩💻 Nice to have:
- Experience in Customer Facing roles.
- Ideally someone with an experience in Hubspot or similar CRM.
- Communication Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work in a small team.
- Energy Incredible energy, passion and enthusiasm for growing a business which can have global impact.
- Adaptable Can operate at multiple levels: not afraid to roll up sleeves and able to think creatively & strategically about our approach
- Bias for action Fast learner, pick things up quickly, you want to hustle and do things now rather than later.
- Autonomous Able to flourish in an unstructured and uncertain environment, with less formal guidance. You’re self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Drive to improve You’re constantly seeking improvements to our system & process.
💯What you'll get:
- 💫 Salary up to 30k, plus shared ownership. Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Borderless
- ✈️ 25 days holiday each year + plus bank holidays
- 💻 Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- 📚 £500 Annual Learning & Development budget
- 🚲 Cycle To Work scheme
- 🍍 Every fourth Friday: company lunch + half day
👥 Our Team and Way We Work
Prefer in-person work: our whole team generally operates in-person for 4 days and 1 day remote (We’re based at the Hoxton WeWork).
We’re a small but diverse team, with 11 different nationalities represented! Check us out here.
We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.