Chelmsford, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Are you an experienced Estimator from a background within precision engineering or manufacturing? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team!
Who are CloudNC…
We're pioneers in revolutionising the manufacturing industry. Combining technology and manufacturing; we’re building the world’s most intelligent factory and we have achieved notable success developing deep technology that automates CNC Manufacturing. Supporting high profile customers across a variety of industries, we work to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that will enable us to produce the highest quality metallic components, whilst reducing lead times and cost. We have been featured in Forbes and technology linked organisations (including TechCrunch, and The Engineer etc.), awarded and named as Technology Pioneers by the World Economic Forum and our founders are listed in the Forbes 30 under 30.
What you'll be doing...
On offer is the opportunity to play a key part in this company's fast-paced scaling and growth to become a market leading solution - this is the chance to be a part of the team that will challenge the status quo in manufacturing! Working with a broad customer base from across a wide variety of manufacturing sectors, you will be responsible for providing our team with accurate cost estimates and technical support, from single prototype component CNC Machining to large batch production. You will communicate openly across our teams to ascertain the necessary information relevant to the request for quotation process, such as programming time, machining time, costs of consumables and any additional post processes. You will be a pivotal part of ensuring customer satisfaction by offering your expertise to support fast turn around quoting and consistent process improvement.
- Provide support to the Sales team by answering technical questions, joining them on conference calls to customers and occasional site visits.
- Provide accurate estimates for all variables associated to the manufacturing process including, CAM programming, machine run times, job specific tooling costs and setup times.
- Ensure all quotes are estimated in a timely manner inline with customer expectations, following our SLA's by customer profile.
- Create standardised estimating processes that are documented, efficient and where possible automated.
- Communicate the job specific costs to the Sales team by building a formal quotation within our ERP system and other supporting tools when required. Build a strong collaborative relationship with the production, quality, sales and commercial team to understand all the necessary variables that can impact capacity and costings.
- Participate in both Engineering change and post production reviews to ensure costings are accurate and where possible meet customer requirements relative to tender/ quotation processes.
- Creation of full Bill Of Materials and routings
- Work proactively to adapt quickly to a change in customer demand.
We're a match if you have...
- Estimating experience gained within a CNC precision engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Experience of purchasing material, CNC tooling and sub-contract services (preferred but not essential)
- Strong working knowledge of CAD drawings and models and the ability to identify optimal method of manufacture
- Ability to accurately estimate CAM programming, machine setup and machining cycle times. Experience in the procuring/ costing of raw materials.
- Experience working to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment and the ability to support and encourage a continuous improvement approach.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and commercial awareness.
- A customer-focused mindset coupled with a positive team driven approach.
- Experience working with ERP systems in the manufacturing industry
- A methodical and solutions-based approach to problem solving.
- Strong Google sheets (Excel) skills.
We are nothing without our teams, as such you'll receive…
- Competitive Salary
- Company Stock Options
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced primary, secondary and adoption parental pay & leave (maternity/paternity)
- Thanks Ben - Benefits Package
- Monthly Lunch
- Team Socials
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.
See more open positions at CloudNC
Something looks off?