Solutions Engineer, Games
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to reach unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and having a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to help guide our high-touch clients and billion-dollar enterprise integrations of Immutable. Our search is for someone who has deep knowledge and a background of working in the Web3 space. For our prospects and customers, you’ll become a trusted advisor by guiding them through their Web3 challenges to produce desirable and long-lasting digital assets products for their end customers. For our BD team, you’ll be the person the sales team can turn to get the latest intelligence, technology, and training to complete the mission.
Joining this team means you’ll influence customers, become a trusted and approachable resource, ultimately driven by solving customer problems, and be ambitious to grow a global, industry-defining product to worldwide success at one of Web3’s fastest-growing startups.
The goal of this role is to maximise the success rate of winning new business and setting Immutable customers up for the greatest possible success in their Web3 projects.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Innovate; the Web3 space is moving so quickly that the projects you advise will lead the industry for years to come
- Design; digital asset PoVs (Proofs of Value), presenting all aspects of proposed solutions to various business and technical audiences.
- Drive; manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate
- Combine technical creativity and business acumen; you will illustrate the value that Immutable’s platform and digital assets can provide
- Be in a customer-facing role and capable of understanding the business goals of partners, the way that Immutable will achieve them and building solutions based on these fundamental understandings
- Drive value supporting new and existing clients by working closely with external and internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management) and relaying that information back to the BD team
- Own the end-to-end sales engineer process and use it as the source of truth. Build repeatable and scalable ways to grow our supporting documentation and solution guides for the sales team.
- Network; this role offers opportunities to attend gaming industry events and public speaking
We would love you to have:
- 3+ years as a client-facing solutions architect, sales engineer, integrations engineer or strongly analogous role in an API-based SaaS company.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities in Mandarin (Native / Bilingual Proficiency) and in English (Full Professional Proficiency)
- Strong personal interest and investment into the gaming industry or Web3 Gaming
- Strong capability in communicating technical concepts and explaining how they work, both from a product feature and API architecture perspective
- Experience designing solutions for business customers of an API-based product before (technical architecture/solutions architecture)
- Experience in taking an end-end business process and designing the appropriate API integrations for desired business value outcomes
- The ability to deeply persuade potential customers can come in many forms: authoritative and trustworthy
- Impeccable communication skills: your written and verbal communication should be outstanding and clear. We're looking for you to showcase your ability to explain complicated concepts clearly to technical and business audiences and seamlessly move between the two in conversations.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Gaming AND/OR Crypto industry background (preference for gaming, ideally career background in one industry and strong personal interest in other)
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!