Senior Software Engineer (Core Engineering)
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Our Immutable Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.
Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!
Our ambition is to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
A bit about the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in our high-performing and passionate core engineering team, focused on scaling our code patterns whilst creating reliable and reusable tools that improve the internal developer experience. You will have a unique opportunity to shape the tools, patterns and internal parts of our platform for usage by all engineers at the company. The role is broadly scoped to have a cross-team impact on all our work.
Immutable aims to help businesses scale their creation and trading of unique digital assets. As Immutable helps businesses scale, we’re looking to scale, too! We are searching for passionate software engineers who want to work on genuinely complex problems in the most exciting space in the world right now. You don’t need any blockchain experience, just solid engineering principles, good communication skills and a passion for learning about the future of digital asset ownership.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development.
- Develop and release code for our internal teams to better achieve their mission (e.g., improve their velocity)
- Understand emerging technologies that may benefit our team and others
- Work as a deep technical expert on the services we have ownership over (e.g., cleanup tech debt, maintenance, new architecture patterns)
- Mentor (where possible) other team members based on your experience.
- Work across a range of bleeding-edge technologies: Go, Typescript, AWS, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Microservices, Event Oriented Systems, Terraform, exposure to Blockchain Development - Solidity
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from stakeholder feedback and iterating on products.
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working.
We would love you to have:
- 5-8 + years of deep engineering experience with extensive exposure to a product development environment
- Full stack code development capabilities and considerable experience with Golang.
- Experience with a cloud provider and key technologies (e.g., AWS, Lambda, Kubernetes, containers), Postgres (or similar data storage layer), Tooling (Github)
- The ability to work comfortably across a range of technologies
- The ability to teach best practices to junior team members
- A passion for delivering fantastic products to our users
- Effective communication skills, with empathy, allowing you to communicate across a range of stakeholders
- Start-up and scale-up experience would be advantageous
- An interest or keenness to upskill in the Web3 space
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!