Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Operations Manager to join our growing team. The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a book of clients and ensuring that their operational needs are being met. The successful candidate will have a strong client-centric mindset and be passionate about delivering exceptional service.
- Manage a book of clients and ensure that their operational needs are being covered, including timely and exceptional communication and overseeing existing operations to make sure different service level agreements (SLAs) are being met
- Identify areas of process improvement and efficiency and scope new processes when needed
- Maintain client health in both service and unit economics and provide guidance and leadership to the team of operators that are in charge of producing the outputs of the client/process
- Serve as a bridge between the client and automations team as areas of implementation are identified
- Ensure all processes are documented and contain clear tracking to ensure SLAs are being met, and present these to clients on a regular basis
- Be creative and proactive in implementing solutions to critical issues
- Own the financial cycles for the book of clients, including payroll reconciliation and approval, and end-of-month closure of the financials
- Collaborate with the Director/s to develop and implement strategies that drive growth and profitability
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Manage client billing by ensuring invoices are sent to clients on a timely basis and charges are accurate.
- Negotiate contract terms, including pricing and terms and conditions.
- Align with clients on expected work volume and provide visibility internally on these expectations through forecasting.
- Onboard new team members and support in onboarding new team members into adjacent roles as you become more experienced.
- Own capacity planning for each process.
- Lead the hiring process from interviewing to onboarding of new hires into the leading team.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for growth and improvement across the company and within the Operations unit that can drive innovation and collaboration to achieve collective goals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management, preferably in a client-facing role
- Proven track record of managing client relationships and delivering exceptional service
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets and experience managing complex formulas and building processes
- Intermediate understanding of how to build financial models, especially cost-driven analysis
- Experience in capacity planning and project management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work remotely and manage teams without in-person interaction
- Strong leadership skills and ability to provide guidance and support to a team
- Ability to think strategically in complex and difficult situations
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Be open and flexible on schedules
We believe that our success is directly linked to the success of our clients, and we are committed to delivering exceptional service and results. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work, communicate openly and honestly, and continuously improve themselves and their work. We value transparency in all aspects of our work, and we believe that a merit-based culture is key to our success.