Expert AI Data Trainer Mathematics
Expert AI Data Trainer
Join the team that’s supporting the latest cutting-edge AI language models.
The Business Context
You already use AI in many ways—like deciding what products and services to order—and it may be most familiar to you as a chatbot, an avatar-maker, or a way to unlock your screen. But here’s what AI may be able to help the world with finding medical diagnoses, teaching you about scientific research, and calculating the complexities of any function.
But, like humans, algorithms are what they eat. They’re only as good as the rules they know and the data they’re trained on. We’re the team that helps model these behaviors.
As an Expert AI Data Trainer, you will collaborate closely with a team of fellow expert trainers, AI developers, and researchers, actively influencing the ongoing development of the AI model itself. Your insights, feedback, and expertise will contribute directly to the AI's evolution, making your role not only intellectually stimulating but also instrumental in pushing the boundaries of AI technology.
The goal of this AI is to become a safe, accurate, widely knowledgeable, and beneficial conversation partner to the world for a wide variety of purposes. Your job is to continuously train, evaluate, and test the AI’s knowledge, capabilities, and conversation skills to achieve this purpose.
- Background in STEM-related field
- Masters/PhD in one or more major areas (STEM)
- Research experience
- Teaching/tutoring experience
- Additional expertise in non-STEM-related topics
Day in and day out, you will:
- You’ll spend the bulk of your time working with the AI, helping it analyze swaths of subject areas and distinguish between what is presented as fact vs. context vs. patterns of behavior. No two training sessions are alike, which means you'll constantly encounter new and exciting challenges. Moreover, you'll join forces with fellow trainers, combining your creative energies to conceive fresh initiatives and tackle problems in the AI domain.
- Goals and demands from AI vary over time. This implies that the nature of and instructions for tasks will also change frequently. You will need to be agile to work on a wide range of tasks, each following its own specific set of instructions that may sometimes apply to a batch of tasks but not to others.
- Our partner’s mission is to develop AI models that are safe, accurate, and beneficial to humanity. You will continuously evaluate the AI according to those criteria and our training methods. For example, you will be discerning the accuracy of the facts that the AI is outputting, but also the accuracy with which they interpret them.
- You’ll test the AI. How is testing different from evaluation? As the project grows over time, you’ll spend time actively trying to “break” the AI by “forcing” mistakes and improving the way these AI models recover. This is absolutely critical to its safety, accuracy, and use. You’ll document breaks and have the opportunity to recommend improvements to the training methods themselves to both our team and our clients.
We welcome individuals from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses a balanced mix of subject matter expertise, higher studies, research experience, and teaching or tutoring experience. This position is unique in its reliance on your competencies rather than formal experience, offering a rare opportunity perfect for those eager to apply their knowledge in the AI space.
You are the type of person who excels in critical thinking and strong communication, adept at assessing AI responses with a keen eye for inaccuracies or inconsistencies. Your attention to detail is paramount, allowing you to document errors accurately and provide feedback at the highest level. You understand the importance of ethical considerations, especially when working with AI that may generate or disseminate information. Your agility and excellent time management skills enable you to handle multiple tasks or provide feedback across various topics efficiently.
You embody a harmonious blend of patience and respectfulness, essential in managing tasks that require persistence and frequent iterations. In your collaborations with the team and clients, this balance enables you to provide thoughtful and constructive feedback. Your exceptional listening and comprehension skills allow you to grasp both explicit and subtle nuances. Furthermore, your ability to articulate the connections between observed facts and your inferences highlights your proficiency in metacognitive processing, showcasing your adeptness in explaining complex thought processes.
This work pays between $20-$30 / hour to top applicants anywhere in the world.
The work is steady, the hours are flexible, the work is enjoyable, and leaves room for advancement into more senior training and project management work on the Invisible team as the project expands. We’re keen to share more in interviews.