Sr Product Designer - New York City
As a key hire in Medal’s design organization, you will have the opportunity to build upon the success of our products, take them to new heights and build new ones.
As Senior Product Designer, you will be a key contributor to the growth, innovation, and continued improvement of Medal. You have multi-faceted experiences in Product, UX research, UX/Experience Design, and Visual Interface Design across the web and native mobile platforms.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Fully immerse yourself into Medal’s Recorder, Editor and Social features to roll out a new and improved product experience.
- Work side-by-side with Product and Engineering to design new products and iterate on existing products, delivering best-in-class experiences, user research, and prototyping for our desktop, web, and mobile apps.
- Communicate with Medal’s users to intimately understand and translate their wants and needs into meaningful products and experiences
- Build and test prototypes early and often to validate and communicate ideas and gain new insights along the way, translating winning prototypes and validated ideas into successful designs
- Understand product and business objectives and use data to iterate and inform the design and product decisions
- Contribute to and help shape the product roadmap, both short term, and long-term
- Create designs that are beautiful, consistent, and pointed to as a great example of a best-in-class digital experience, across the social and gaming industry and beyond.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years of Design and UX experience within high traffic digital consumer products (100,000+ visitors per day), preferably in gaming, video, search/discovery or social
- A passion for and strong understanding of online communities and gaming culture
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles and product thinking.
- Skilled using Figma
- Strong user empathy — you love engaging with users and communities and have experience conducting your own user research
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You thrive when tackling ambiguous challenges and are tenacious when facing setbacks. You're able to ruthlessly prioritize and work efficiently under pressure and demanding timelines
- You're excited to implement design best practices and processes at Medal and able to make decisions and progress with limited direction, resources or data
- Strong collaboration skills and can collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Understanding the principles of CSS and how it impacts your designs. Being familiar with engineering processes and how your designs translate to code is a strong plus
- Passion. You love both designing and developing UIs with functional UX in mind. You have an interest in user psychology and accessibility
- Relevant Experience. You should have at least 6 years of design experience. Gaming industry experience is a plus
- Gaming. You enjoy playing games and understand gaming culture and communities
- Empathy. You are empathetic for users, team-mates, and the company as a whole
- Communication and Collaboration. You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Drive. You're diligent, energetic, and tirelessly persevere through adversity until the job is done
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $240,000 per year. However, base pay may vary further depending on individualized factors for candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Something looks off?