Lead Scientist - Next Generation Sequencing
Lead NGS Scientist
Serna Bio is building the world’s first map of the druggable transcriptome, systematically opening up the universe of RNA biology to small molecule drug discovery. Using our Discovery Platform, we are tackling the classically intractable targets ranging from coding and non-coding RNA.
We are looking for a Lead Scientist to join our Stevenage-based R&D lab and contribute to our R&D efforts.
The Impact You’ll Make
In this role, you will lead the expansion of our in-house NGS work, accelerating our R&D capabilities.
Working with a small and nimble team, you will help establish novel methodologies, work with industry leaders, and rapidly scale your career as we grow the company. As an ambitious start-up we work at pace and with complexity so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to grow as a scientist and to expand your talents outside of your current comfort zone.
- Design, implement and conduct lab work focused on the development and optimisation of NGS pipelines to support current R&D and Translational Science projects.
- Independently work on sample processing, library preparation workflows (e.g.RNA-seq) and Sequencing, developing and troubleshooting novel methodologies.
- Collaborate on strategy for our drug discovery R&D progression.
- Help us grow by balancing and juggling a range of priorities in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Deliver on cross-functional projects directly with the CSO and CEO.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be a key member of our growing UK labs in Stevenage, contributing to our vital Next Generation Sequencing, SHAPE-Map and library preparation work.