Production Support Manager
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Thought Machine’s mission is bold – to properly and permanently rid the world’s banks of legacy technology. To achieve this, we have developed the foundations of modern banking and built core and payments technology which runs natively in the cloud. What we are attempting is hard and means we need great people working together to build great technology.
We have grown rapidly in the past few years – growing our team to more than 550 individuals across offices in London, New York, Singapore and Sydney. We have raised more than $500m in funding and are now valued at $2.7bn. Our investors include Molten Ventures, Eurazeo, Intesa Sanpaolo, Temasek, Nyca Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Standard Chartered, and more.
We have created a culture enabling our team to produce the best work in the industry, ensuring we have fun along the way. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture and have been recognised by Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech company and the industry's most generous employee share package. We've been named AltFi's B2B Fintech of the Year, placed in the FinTech50, and named one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2023.
As a Production Support Manager, you will manage a group of talented Cloud Support Engineers as they focus on delivering world-class technical support to our clients, identify issues and implement creative solutions to address them. You will have a hands-on approach to production support, lead by example, and manage your project deliverables. You will contribute to product strategy and help develop and grow your team. We are particularly excited to hear from people with financial services and banking backgrounds.
The Cloud Support Engineers are a global client-facing team, operating a 24/7 shift pattern and working closely with our Clients, Success Managers, Delivery Teams and Engineering. Our Cloud Support Engineers perform the crucial task of providing world-class support and ongoing maintenance for our clients.
- Take a continuous improvement approach to day-to-day activities and support operations. You will energise and focus the team to define and deliver the infrastructure roadmap.
- Contribute to the strategy of production support (both SaaS and self-hosted clients)
- Regularly liaise with clients in a production support context
- Develop and motivate support engineers in the team
- Occasional hands-on work, validating client’s infrastructure, platform and banking layer issues
- Lead incidents and post-mortems with engineering in line with agreed service levels
- Provision cloud infrastructure from account creation to production cluster management for our SaaS product
- Collaborate with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and the associated roadmap
- Understand, investigate and resolve client technical queries
- Work with Client Services, Success Managers, and Delivery managers to conduct root cause analysis on technical issues