Director of Logistics
The Logistics Director is responsible for the development and execution of the entire logistics strategy, supporting the company’s business objectives. This person will work closely with Bird Buddy’s leadership team, such as Operations, Sales/Marketing, and Product Development leaders to ensure that the company’s logistics are effective and efficient. The Logistics Director will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and third-party Logistics partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement logistics strategies that align with the company’s business objectives.
- Work closely with executive management to lead the development of the Logistics’s growth roadmap, from managing today’s one external contract manufacturing partner and one 3PL logistics partner to the envisioned mature company’s more complex needs.
- Recruit, hire, and manage a growing team in Procurement, Logistics, and Inventory Management functions
- Research, compare, and suggest suitable ERP systems that can work as we transition to more complex product end-to-end relationships, add multiple sources, expand the logistics network, and serve various distribution channels
- Lay out a plan for major step-changes, like bringing warehouse and other operations in-house: what should trigger these moves, what is the likely timeline, and potential costs
- Manage, guide, and support Logistics team members to:
- negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers, vendors, and other partners.
- Oversee the procurement of materials, supplies, and services.
- Monitor and assess supplier performance.
- Monitor supply and demand signals and manage inventories accordingly, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of goods while not allowing excessive levels of inventory.
- Plan, control, and implement the storage and flow of products.
- Manage efficient and timely inbound transportation of goods from production centers into the warehouse network.
- Manage efficient and timely outbound transportation of goods from the warehouse network to customers, both D2C individuals and wholesale customers.
- Constantly review shipping partner options and costs, and negotiate contracts and rates to the company’s benefit.
- Monitor costs and implement plans as needed to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the logistics continuously.
- Prepare regular executive team reports on logistics activity and metrics.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments, and create plans as needed for Bird Buddy, Inc.’s benefit.
- Access logistics staff’s training needs and make plans to provide such training.
- Perform regular cost analyses and develop cost-saving initiatives.
- Proactive mindset.
- Ability to “see the big picture” but also able to function in the details.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to make decisions.
- Major project management experience and track record.
- 15+ years of direct supply chain and logistics experience.
- Experience in leading logistics functions and people.
- Global logistics experience.
- Experience with supplying D2C as well as B2B channels.
What’s in it for you:
- Kind and smart colleagues who are passionate about bringing people closer to nature.
- The exceptional opportunity to be part of a fast-growing international startup.
- Career development opportunities with regularly provided educational material.
- An open-ended contract with a 6-month probation period.
- Stock options.
- A minimum of 25 days of paid annual leave.
Send us your application by 25 September 2023.