Chelmsford, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Who are CloudNC?
CloudNC's mission is to make single-click manufacturing a reality.
We build software that automates control of CNC machines - metalcutting robots that make >$1Trn of components every year, for anything from aircraft to iPhones to cars.
Worldwide over 100 million hours are spent painstakingly programming these incredible machines by hand every year, and we believe this is a colossal waste of human time and talent in an industry already facing an existential skills crisis. Our software, CAM Assist, brings one-click automation to CNC machining.
Our world-class team, with tier 1 financial backers including Atomico, Autodesk and Lockheed Martin, combines expertise in computer science and physical manufacturing, from our locations in London and Chelmsford.
We are scaling from Series B to C at pace and are fully funded for this growth.
To provide operational management for all aspects of Supply Chain within the Chelmsford site.
- To source and procure components /services as required
- To assist in further development of existing suppliers
- To assess potential suppliers both technically and commercially
- To provide support to assess and report on new technology/services and applications.
- To assist with proposal costings as requested
- To be a role model, coach and mentor to procurement staff
- Ensure all activities are in line with the business policies and procedures.
- Assist in the day today running of the Purchasing department and all associated activities.
Advanced Logistics Planning
- Ensure business processes and information systems effectively support material flow.
- Develop robust business processes engaging with IT systems to deliver efficient, timely material availability.
- Ensure raw material is ordered according to supplier lead times to ensure sufficient material for continuity of supply to production without an overstock situation.
- Ensure safe working practices and all Safety standards are followed.
- Responsible for the safety of all staff operating within the Supply Chain function.
- Responsible to ensure full conformance to all CloudNC operational procedures, audit and drive improvements where required.
- Monitor and report on agreed key performance and management indicators. Develop and execute contingency and improvement activities as required.
- Prepare management information for use across; outside the organisation; design/ deliver agreed KPI’s.
- Manage and develop the Procurement team, including succession planning.
- Contribute to improving business performance as part of the senior management team.
- Manage cost centre expenditure vs business plan.
- Develop and provide input to annual Business and Budget planning activities.
- Manages Short Lead Time implementation.
- Manages Supplier and Production Schedules
- Manages material flow activity (internal and external)
- Manages Procurement Metrics Departmental KPI’s)
- Manages indirect material activity.
- Administers Outbound Shipping
- Directs department planning activities.
- Coordinates engineering changes, and breakpoints.
- Manages third party operations.
- 100% parts availability to line at point of requirement
- Maximum use of available floor-space to minimise external spend.
- Best in class inventory management.
- Scenario planning and budget projection capabilities.
- Minimise capital outlay through effect business case spending.
- Maximise supplier payment terms to protect operating cash.
- CIPS qualified fully or part qualified
- 5 years procurement experience desirable.
- Operating industry standard ERP/MRP systems
- Outsourced complex distribution and logistics operations.
- Inventory control.
- Factory operations.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven experience at operating at a senior business level
- Proven People and performance management
- Engineering manufacturing
- Self-starting highly motivated and results oriented professional.
- Flexible and keen to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Hungry to make a difference in a business undertaking significant business turn-around.
- Higher national diploma in engineering/ business studies or equivalent
- ERP/MRP system implementation experience desirable
- Understanding of engineering specs and drawings
- General engineering /manufacturing knowledge
- Communicative, resourceful, flexible and ambitious
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.