Software Test Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Who are CloudNC?
CloudNC's mission is to make single-click manufacturing a reality.
We build software that automates control of CNC machines - metalcutting robots that make >$1Trn of components every year, for anything from aircraft to iPhones to cars.
Worldwide over 100 million hours are spent painstakingly programming these incredible machines by hand every year, and we believe this is a colossal waste of human time and talent in an industry already facing an existential skills crisis. Our software, CAM Assist, brings one-click automation to CNC machining.
Our world-class team, with tier 1 financial backers including Atomico, Autodesk and Lockheed Martin, combines expertise in computer science and physical manufacturing, from our locations in London and Chelmsford.
We are scaling from Series B to C at pace and are fully funded for this growth.
As we continue to expand our Autonomous Machining Team (AMT), we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer.
The role will involve designing, implementing and executing both manual and automated tests, debugging systems and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
Our QA engineers perform their day-to-day work embedded within individual teams. The role will report to an experienced QA Manager, who will oversee your career development as a QA professional.
To be successful as a QA engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of QA techniques and processes and be a great communicator.
You will have proven QA technical skills, an appreciation for the complex nature of our industry and be comfortable working in a fast-moving startup environment with a modern tech stack (including but not limited to: Kotlin, Angular / Typescript, Python, C++, C#/.NET, gRPC/protobuf, GitLab, Jira, Zephyr, AWS).
Skills and Experience:
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using a combination of industry standard and internally built automation tools
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and bring those ideas to your team and the company as a whole
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of commercial experience in developing QA plans for software applications.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and finding skills
- Any knowledge in CNC Machining is a bonus
- Experience experience of testing simulation/AI/ML applications or in CAD/CAM Software (e.g. Fusion360/MasterCAM/Siemens NX)
- Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- Willingness to ask questions and challenge assumptions
- Tact and diplomacy in communicating at all levels
- Appreciation of research or startup cultures
- Experience of using exploratory testing techniques
What you will receive…
In return for your efforts supporting our mission, you will receive the following benefits & perks
● Competitive Salary
● Stock Options!
● Private Healthcare
● 30 Days Annual Leave (incl BH - BH's must be worked unless booked as annual leave)
● Enhanced primary, secondary and adoption parental pay & leave (maternity/paternity)
● Monthly Lunches
● Team Socials
● ThanksBen Benefit - £50 per month
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.