Senior Cheminformatics Scientist
Senior Cheminformatics Scientist
London (Full-time or Hybrid Working)
CoSyne Therapeutics is a computational drug discovery company that uses genetic and computational systems to develop next-generation medicines. The company’s first goal is to create a new class of drugs to treat the deadliest form of human brain cancer: Glioblastoma Multiforme. Our novel platform allows us to identify vulnerabilities in cells that no other company or academic institution has done before.
CoSyne recently closed a substantial seed funding round from industry-leading investors and the company is looking to grow the functional genomics and machine learning team. The Senior Cheminformatics Scientist will be a key member of the AI and computational chemistry teams and will help develop state-of-the-art machine learning methods for the discovery of novel drugs. Working with the AI, bioinformatics and wet lab teams you will be responsible for the development of computational analysis frameworks to support and validate our ML models in chemistry: you will be exposed to the significant volume of data arising from our AI drug discovery programs and will be responsible for setting the standards to which our AI models are held. You will also be involved in our drug discovery programs to help support the medicinal chemists in their work designing novel drugs for our drug targets.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and collaborative team based in our Soho London office. As part of a well-funded start-up, the role holder will have all the resources necessary to make the science work, will have excellent opportunities to grow their skills, and will work with a truly fantastic team to develop therapeutics to treat currently incurable diseases.
Reporting directly to the CTO and working closely with ML researchers, your main activities will involve:
- Create and develop innovative tools to support our ML for drug design efforts and set the benchmarks to define success in our modelling work.
- Help implement and productionise our state-of-the-art AI models in chemistry and the tools we use for drug design.
- Develop robust model validation pipelines and evaluation frameworks in domains where benchmarking is hard in the absence of ground truth.
- Gathering and enacting on technical requirements from the medicinal chemistry work to build the highest quality models for drug design that meet the drug discovery needs of the business.
- Help build and validate chemistry datasets to allow high quality model production.
The requirements for this position include:
- 4 or more years' experience as a cheminformatics scientist.
- MSc in Chemistry/Computer Science or similar relevant discipline.
- Curious and creative approach to work and someone who is a self-starter.
- Experience working with ML scientists and communicating chemistry principles to an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working with chemistry datasets.
- Experience with chemistry packages such as RDKit.
- Good understanding of methods to represent chemistry to ML models.
- A good understanding of how molecules interact with proteins.
- Be kind.
It is not required, but it would be great if you have any of the following:
- ML for chemistry property prediction.
- Generative ML methods for chemistry design and optimisation.
- Molecular Dynamics experience.
This role would suit someone who is masters level educated in chemistry or computer science, who has hands-on commercial experience as a cheminformatics scientist and is looking to move up to a more senior role. We are looking for someone who has experience working with AI scientists in building models for chemistry property prediction, drug-target interaction prediction and small molecule optimisation.
What We Offer
- As an early employee of the company, you will be involved in every aspect of the business and help set the direction/culture as we grow.
- The opportunity to work at the cutting edge of AI and drug discovery.
- Working in a highly multidisciplinary team across AI, wet lab, chem- and bioinformatics.
- Membership to CoSyne’s Equity scheme.
- All the perks of a start-up – highly competitive salaries, great IT, team dinners/socials, flexible working, flat structure, and a fun and dynamic work environment
Our mission is to help patients with devastating diseases. Everything else is secondary.
We interview on a rolling basis and so this role will be filled when we find the right candidate.