Customer Success Engineer (Remote)
At Foundries.io we have created an open source software platform using the latest industry practices and standards throughout, so product developers can build on a common software base. We intend to reinvent IoT and Edge device software development with our FoundriesFactory cloud service, and our goal is cross-industry adoption, without lock-in. To accomplish this we use industry standards, open source technologies and a new business model to disrupt the status quo of the fragmented IoT device market.
We’re looking for a full stack, customer-facing software engineer with embedded Linux experience. The ideal candidate will be familiar with a range of technologies from boot software and the Linux kernel, to Docker and IoT/Edge cloud services, will have customer management experience, and will be able work in an environment with high levels of customer engineer interaction. This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact on how devices are updated and managed across the world.
- Deliver customer success through their use of FoundriesFactory
- Serve as a primary contact for onboarding new customers
- Collaborate closely with the customer and the Foundries.io engineering team to solve customer technical issues and questions
- Provide insights to customers and prospects on how to get value from FoundriesFactory
- Provide feedback to the engineering team on customers’ requirements, requested product features and improvements
- Be the primary day to day contact for multiple customers’ engineering teams as they onboard and use the FoundriesFactory service through their own product development, deployment and maintenance life-cycle
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical field
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in management consulting, customer technical support, account management or another customer-facing role
- Experience in working with low level device software (operating systems, security, BSPs, open source software)
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast growing SaaS company
- Direct experience working with Yocto, Docker and device security a plus
- Must be able to work remotely and effectively with an international team
- Start-up or scale-up experience and be self-sufficient and strongly motivated
- Thrive in a fast-moving work environment where you will mostly interact with your colleagues remotely
- Occasional global travel will be required (post COVID19) to attend company and industry events
- Position is fully remote, US or UK/Europe time zone preferred
Apply for this position
Please email an up to date CV to [email protected]
The Foundries.io vision is to be the open source OS of everyThing. FoundriesFactory is our fixed subscription cloud service, providing our users with the software platform that reinvents IoT. Building on our award-winning start up roots, we work with a growing number of customers and partners - from agile and disruptive start ups to market-leading global corporations.
Industry veterans George Grey and Ian Drew lead a team of talented engineers and business minds located around the globe. Many decades of experience in open source, embedded Linux and connected product development and deployment is brought together, delivering an open platform for IoT and Edge that implements best industry standards and that is built for scalability and longevity. Our distributed virtual team continuously interacts through a variety of channels including Slack and Hangouts to ensure a close working, supportive and collaborative environment.