Head of Support
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
About Us 🚀
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to reach unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and having a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space! 🚀
About The Role
The Head of Support will play a crucial role in ensuring the success and satisfaction of Platform product users (e.g. Passport, Checkout) and Studio game players. This role requires a dynamic individual who can oversee and manage all player and user-facing support-related activities, including resolving technical issues and addressing inquiries to ensure a seamless customer experience. This role will play a critical role in distilling and sharing the voice of the customer internally, helping to upgrade our approach to building products that help partners achieve their goals and players have great experiences.
As a senior leader, you will be building, leading and evolving a world-class technical function of highly skilled and diverse support team members. You will inspire and develop your team in a rapidly scaling environment.
You’ll Be Expected To
- Develop a world-class B2C (Platform products) and B2B2C (Game players) support strategy to deliver high-quality support to all user groups.
- Bring to life your strategy by building OKRs, health metrics, and SLAs, and use data to generate actionable insights for your team and cross-functional partners.
- Continually refine support processes, ensuring the balance of cost & performance is optimized.
- Work with many cross-functional teams, including our Product, Engineering and Design teams, directly contributing to their strategies by surfacing insights and customer anecdotes to solve issues.
- Identify the data-led signal from the noise and craft rituals between PED and GTM teams, our Games team, and developer relations teams.
- Oversee the resolution of support tickets, ensuring timely and effective solutions.
- Implement and maintain support tools, technologies, service providers, and platforms to enhance service delivery. This will include working with the Security team to resolve highly sensitive security risk issues, should they arise.
- Lead, mentor and inspire the support team, fostering a culture of excellence, customer obsession and innovation.
- Develop strategies to attract and retain top-tier support talent for the variety of roles required and design the organization as needs grow.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in customer support or service roles, with at least 5 years managing teams.
- B2B2C experience preferred - must have a track record of dealing with high-volume interactions and confidential issues that can impact security.
- Experience building global, distributed teams.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and demonstrated track record of surfacing, rallying behind and resolving customer issues.
- Proficient in support tools, knowledge bases, platforms and processes.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving and project management ability.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to oversee multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Experience in the gaming or technology industry, with exposure to blockchain technology being a significant plus.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
Join us in shaping the future of web3 gaming!