Yield Ops Manager
Reporting to the CEO, our Yield Ops Manager is the expert on analyzing patterns and making data-driven decisions to maximize yield across all O&O properties. Your focus is on utilizing all available tactics in an effort to generate the most possible revenue. You will be a core member of our Programmatic team, so a cool head during intense periods is required.
OUR PROGRAMMATIC OPTIMIZES TOWARDS:
- Data First. We cannot (and do not) make any decisions without letting the data speak for itself. We bias towards letting the data stand on its own without layering on groupthink or our varied interpretations.
- Attention to Detail. To get proper data, you need proper inputs in the first place. It’s the little things which really matter.Analysis. You're going to be looking at a lot of data, so you need to be comfortable with navigating through and combining data sets across timezones, devices, geos and inventory types.
- Flexibility. You will be juggling a lot of requests and you will need to calmly be able to prioritize and optimize towards what is mission critical.
- Product Knowledge. Everything is the same and everything is changing all at once within the programmatic industry so keeping abreast of industry changes and trends is essential. You also need to understand what is happening with the product and how we are thinking about Ad Experiences x User Experiences.
- Technical Comfort. A strong background and comfort with AdOps, Yield, and ad serving. Reading ad code, and industry knowledge should be part of your DNA.
- Work with our Demand Partners and SSPs to increase RPMs, CPMs, Bid Rates and Win Rates.
- Optimize direct campaigns as that side of our business picks up in the next 6mo.
- Leverage historic data to analyse yield, look for patterns, and determine solutions.
- Perform A/B testing to measure strategies and product success.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert where you will manage projects and keep our team abreast of how the industry is moving with regard to yield.
- Your main task is to simply increase per-impression yield. You will have wide latitude to and freedom to structure your day with the ultimate end goal of increasing RPMs.
- At least 3 years of AdOps experience at a programmatic publisher, SSP, or related sell-side company. Bonus points if you have worked at a DSP or agency.
- Minimum of 2 years of programmatic and header bidding experience (prebid.js, TAM, GAM360 etc).
- Solid relationship building and communication skills. Your feelings do not get hurt when someone asks for you to walk them through the data and how you came to a certain conclusion. You also have no problem effectively communicating why you are recommending a specific course of action.
- Comfortable working in the following Google products: sheets, looker studio and analytics.
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $165,000 per year. However, base pay may vary further depending on individualised factors for candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Something looks off?