Full Stack Engineer
Peony aims to reimagine the future of productivity, starting with file management. Unlike Notion or Dropbox, we are not here just to solve problems within the existing web or native boundaries but to create a paradigm-shifting file browsing interface for web-native-hybrid workflows.
Our first goal is to revolutionise the file experience for teams and creatives, whose work demands frequent iterations and collaborations. Imagine a remote-desktop-like experience that allows you to work with any file types immersively and collaborate with context. It's one window for all your work, quite literally.
It's a lofty task we've given ourselves, but I will be lying if I don't tell you - what we are building will probably be the most exciting product in the consumer software space for the last five years.
So, what will you do as a Full Stack Engineer at Peony?
You will be working directly with our CTO (ex-head of engineering of a unicorn startup) to transform the vision into a reality while collaborating tightly with the rest of the team on design & product.
In your role, you will get to own feature delivery end-to-end from ideation to pixel-perfect implementation and receive ongoing support and coaching to progress your career.
On the more technical side:
- You'll contribute to the architecture design and implementation of backend and frontend systems across various platforms
- You'll contribute to code and architecture reviews and champion best practices to elevate our codebase
- You'll build and improve internal automation tools and processes to drive productivity across all we do
- You'll build improvements across our product to make it more performant, reliable and scalable
This might be for you if...
- You're passionate about Node.js, TypeScript, Postgres, Docker development
- You've worked with several client side frameworks and technologies like ElectronJS, React, VueJS, Webpack etc.
- You're familiar with infrastructure as code and have worked with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP
- You like to learn and stay abreast with industry trends and announcements
- You like writing testable and reusable code
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies even though you might have not heard of them before
- You have great communications skills and the ability to discuss architecture and business problems
- You understand and always consider the business impact of code you write
- You want to have fun solving hard problems 🤓
You'll stand out more if...
- You're versed with Rust, Svelte, Webpack, MobX or Redux
- You're experienced in serverless platforms like Vercel, Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, CloudFlare Workers etc.