Early stage growth
"Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything..."
– Steve Jobs
At Peony, we are not just making a product. We are reimagining the future of computing and software. We are innovating on the forefront of how we interact with files / file systems and how we work. And we do it with care, love, and intention. It is a lofty goal we've given ourselves, but we believe what we are launching will be the most exciting thing to happen in the productivity space for the last ten years - and our backers count the co-founder of Twitter and the founder of Behance.
If you want to work for a company that will be remembered as a daring pioneer in the history of computing, come join us.
My name is Deqian, the CEO of Peony and I’m here to welcome you and mark this starting point of our exciting journey together and tell you more about what to expect.
The Role: Early stage growth team
You are our first commercial hire on the team and will work directly with me to execute growth strategies and unlock hypergrowth. You’ll be exposed to a wide range of growth activities and own growth hacking ideas and execution. You'll also get the opportunity to receive ongoing coaching to develop your marketing expertise.
It is important to note that we are at a stage where big-budget paid campaigns are counter-productive so it is absolutely critical that you and I work together to experiment and build a word-of-mouth growth engine with minimal spend.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the founder to set growth strategies and messaging - 10%
- Execute growth ideas to get traction (both inbound and outbound) - 65%
- Monitor and review experiment results - 10%
- Meet our customers and help them succeed - 10%
- Work with the team on product iterations - 5%x% means you can expect to spend x% of the time performing the task
- You must be action biased, meaning you'd rather go out experimenting than spending half a day making a plan
- You must be comfortable taking an idea from zero-to-one with no set instructions
- You must be comfortable experimenting with a broad range of channels/tactics
- You must be comfortable with delivering results in a short amount of time
- You enjoy being with people and never run out of ideas
- You can build a network in industries you never worked in
- You are empathetic and can connect with customers’ needs
- You are excellent in communication and writing
- You know what it takes to succeed at a startup and no challenges scare you
You and I will form the commercial function of the company and you will join a visionary early-stage team backed by some of the most high profile investors across the Atlantic. Together, we will bring our vision to life and let the world meet Peony.
For this position, we offer a competitive salary with a top of the market options package. We take relationship-building seriously and work collaboratively to help you achieve both personal growth and career growth whilst having fun.
We have a small office in central London and as a team we value the serendipity and camaraderie formed by face-to-face interactions. I hope you can join us if we work together!
"... It’s very fortunate if you can work on just one of these in your career." To conclude with the second half Steve Jobs’ line above. Don't miss it.