Social Media Manager
😇 Hey there!
We are RUKA hair, a young start up with a big vision; to reshape the narrative and raise the bar for beauty standards, one solution at a time. The word RUKA means "doing hair" in Shona, and we mean it when we say it - we want to do hair like it has never been done before. Our mission is to create hair and beauty solutions that truly work, by listening closely and making the outsiders our insiders. We want to build a brand for black women worth being loyal to, and we’re starting by developing curly hair extensions which truly match our curl patterns.
Already know everything you need to know? Skip the job description and apply here. Otherwise, full deets below!
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to become one of the early members of our Marketing team. Your goal will be to catapult RUKA into becoming the brand that everyone’s talking about, continuing to grow our audience and engagement. In this role, you’re a thought leader in the social media space and can provide guidance on the newest (and most annoying) change to the algorithm. You’ve also figured out the next channel everyone will be on (before they’re there), and know exactly what to say in the comments section.
You’re an expert at marrying a strong brand vision with emerging trends, maintaining an authentic brand voice whilst participating in pop culture and trending conversations, whilst using data to drive you towards what’s performing well. The ideal candidate will be hungry and a creative-minded, execution oriented marketer who believes in making hair and beauty more inclusive.
What your day-to-day could look like:
- Ideating and creating content - copy, video, imagery
- You'll be the face and voice of RUKA, so won't be shy to get in front of the camera and communicate with our audience, co-creators and customers.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter and YouTube for ‘Brand Clout’, LinkedIn and Medium for ‘Company Clout’
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team on creation of content and campaigns to drive growth, reach, and engagement
- Grow our social media following
- Track, analyze, and report on performance of our social content, and continuously optimize social strategy based on our best performing content
- Work with the Content Manager to implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing, brand, partner and communication strategies
- Closely monitor trends, feedback, and sentiment on our social channels to inform the rest of the marketing team
- Analytical ability to gather key audience, product, and user insights, then apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content we generate
- Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns against objectives, through reporting, optimization, and comparing with industry best practices to drive conversions down the funnel
What you’ve done and what you’re like:
- A proven track record of relevant working experience with social media management for brands;
- Experience in understanding and bringing to life brand tone of voice and storytelling through social media;
- Skilled in graphic design and typography and also have the ability to do basic editing and motion graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva)
- Running social media and brand initiatives end-to-end
- Ability to identify and track relevant metrics;
- Flawless verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience in a start-up, scale-up or hyper growth environment;
- Problem-solving skills
What the next 6 months could look like:
You'll have elevated our brand profile across all social media platforms, with a distinct and recognisable brand voice
What the next 12 months could look like:
This individual will be able to move on to the next step of becoming our next Senior Social Media Manager.
What we are offering you:
- A passionate core team excited to work collaboratively to build an incredible business addressing an underserved market
- Flexible hours and hybrid/remote working to help meet your lifestyle goals
- Fun team perks including social events
- Additional sick leave allocation for people who menstruate
- Free RUKA products and merchandise for you, plus family and friends discount
Ready to apply? Let's go! 🚀
Any questions? Email [email hidden] and we'll get back to you.